Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Convention Make n' Take part 1

I'm a crazy girl!  Monday night I stayed up until 1:30 am.  You'd think I was still at Convention.  I think it's because I'm just on a Convention hangover.

Why in the world would I stay up that late, you ask?

#1 reason - It's stinking hot here!

#2 reason at 11:00 I started to finish off my make n' takes from Convention and couldn't stop.  

Here we are working frantically in Salt Lake.  They give you 2 1/2+ hours to complete the projects but the sheer awesomeness of  the projects make them impossible to complete in that time. It was a quick peek up from working and back to work - barely enough time for a "cheese."




Allison took this one of me and I didn't even stop what I was doing just turned my head. 
We actually had quite a system going and "stamped by committee".  Thank you Lynsay Mahon for showing Kim this system.  We all cracked open our make n'take bags and divide up the projects.  Robin, Allison and I each had a card to create x 5 and Kim and April worked on the banner bits x 5.  Instead of having to create each project once and reading instructions over and over you become an expert on one card and re-create over and over and over again. 

This was the finished project.


Small fabric flower on the triangle pennant, Pinwheel made with Timeless Portrait DSP and the center Cherry Cobbler circles are made with the new Petite Pennant Bigz die.

Robin's card with the new Raining Flowers and It's Your Day stamp set

Allison's card with the same stamp sets,  notice the Timeless Portrait fabric on the side.

My card.  I love the way they used the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  I punched a piece of card stock double the length of the card and folded it over to add some thickness to the card. 

This post is getting longer and longer so I'll save the "masterpiece" Make n' Take for tomorrow.  I am giddy with excitement as it shows off a new item in the Holiday Mini.   I'm starting my phone calls to see who wants to receive the Holiday Mini so if you live in Canada and would like a copy of the holiday Mini email me. They will be sent in August in the nick of time for you to book your fall workshops.  This is THE BEST holiday Mini I have EVER seen - no joke!

Cheers, 
K


No comments:

Post a Comment