Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Odds and sods of summer

Yesterday the kids and I headed to Calaway Park. The weather was great for riding on crazy rides and taking in the sights and smells of the midway.  In a few short days the Calgary Stampede will be starting and we'll be doing it all over again.  I heard a rumor that there are actually ANIMALS at the Stampede.  Just kidding.  We know that but for the kids it's all about the rides, food and more rides. Corn Dogs, mini doughnuts here we come!


For today's card I'll show you something I made for two of my nieces that graduated this past June.  (Toni, if you are reading this avert your eyes).  I'm good about making the cards it's just getting them in the mail.  This one will have to wait for my niece who is coming here in three weeks.  

This style of the is an easel style card with a scallop square top. The tassel is made with some embroidery floss. Sorry it's so hard to see the card but here are the measurements.
Card base - 4 x 12, scored at 4,6 and 8


Glue the card base in between the 6 and 8" score lines.  Add the Scallop Square piece to the top.  Wouldn't this be a cute card in brighter colours for a preschool graduation too? Ooo, I'll have to think about that for an upcoming card buffet.



I love this sentiment from the set Word Play.
Cheers, 
K

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristine!! Love the card ... how in the world can they be graduating!!! Be sure to eat some mini donuts for me next week!! Will call soon!

    ReplyDelete