Monday, September 5, 2011

Christmas Lodge swap card

Happy holiday Monday!

I wish I could say I'm going to be relaxing on this extra long weekend but on Friday we started a little project - re-staining the deck.  UGH and double UGH!

You see we thought that we could buy this paint stripper, paint it on, wait 15 min and spray it off BUT we must have used a super duper never come off in eternity solid stain and it DOESN'T come off with the paint stripper.  It was looking ghastly before hand, peeling here and there and tons came off with the recent hail storm (some of it did come off easily) and my brother in law re-stained their deck and it looked fabulous. So now several trips to Lowe's and Home Depot and a rented pad sander we have an almost stripped deck ready to be stained. Seriously, TWO DAYS of sanding, painting and Pete and I can barely lift our arms or stand.  I'm kind of scared that I'm not going to be able to stamp this week.  Whatever would I do???

Luckily I created this Friday evening, before the deck project and now I have a card to mass produce when I can lift a stamp again.  


This card is for the Edmonton Regionals coming up in 2 weeks!  I can't believe it is so soon.  I'm going to make a bunch of these cards and swap them with other demonstrators.  I'm hoping to get a whack of new Christmas card samples for the October Christmas card buffet. 

I CASED this card design from my friend Anne, a demonstrator from Ontario.  We met on the Alaskan cruise and she is one super talented lady.  Check out her blog



 The cutest part about the card is that is swings open!  And you can't tell in the photo but the house is all blingy with Dazzling Diamond glittery snow.   






Stamps - Christmas Lodge, Contempo Christmas, Delightful Dozen
Paper - Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Frostwood Lodge Designer Series paper
Ink - Early Espresso
Accessories - 3" Circle die, Scallop #2 circle die, Snowburst embossing folder, Modern label punch, Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon, 5/16" Neutral brads, Dazzling Diamonds, Shimmer paint (made into a spray)




Would you like to create this card at the Card Buffet in October?? 


Thanks for stopping by.


Cheers, 
K



1 comment:

  1. Great card, I love how you used the Swing on this!!
    Thanks for the sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete