Monday, September 10, 2012

Pop up cards from Inky Thumbs

This weekend we had a fun kids camp weekend and as usual I planned WAY too much to do in the time we have.  It's always better to have too much than too little.

I had several new stampers in each group so we worked on a beginning technique sheet plus it helped refresh some the "veteran" stampers on cleaning and caring for our stamps :)

In my younger group "Inky Thumbs" we held true to our name when I had ink on my thumbs and fingers in the first 10 min .  By the end of class over half of us were inky!

One of our first projects was a simple pop up card.


 They did a great job on their first project and then we made an Owl pencil holder. I can't remember where I got the idea for this Owl so I apologize to whoever came up with it first.

We also made this at the Mom and Me class on Sat and it was hit with the 4-7 year olds too. 

Here is a recipe card on how to make this project.  The base can be a frozen juice tube, but I took the easy route and bought these from a craft store.



I can't wait for next month and I can finally share with you the rest of the projects I planned.

Have a great start to your week!

Cheers, 
K

No comments:

Post a Comment