Thursday, November 22, 2012

Christmas recipes

Here is another card made with the Scentsational Season stamp set.  This one was for club.

 I absolutely LOVE the Snow Festival Designer Series Paper which is going to be gone by the end of December so don't forget to get yours before it's too late.

I had a busy Wednesday of baking.  Last night was my WOW Wednesday class so I baked some Christmas treats to go along with our Christmas cards.   Here they are and the recipes.

 Peppermint Cups

1 c butter
1 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 c cocoa

2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda


2 and a bit bags of mini Peppermint Cups -  I use the President's Choice ones. I would count how many cups in two bags and make sure you make enough cookie balls for that number of cups.


Preheat oven to 375 F.  Cream butter and sugars,  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Mix in cocoa, flour and baking soda.  Shape into 1" balls and place into mini muffin tins.  Bake 9-11 min.  Immediately from oven press a peppermint cup into each.  Cool completely and remove from the pan. I also put crushed candy canes on top too when the chocolate is warm.

One recipe made just over 60 cookies.

Shortbread

1lb butter, really softened

1 1/2 c icing sugar

4-5 c flour

Cream icing and butter.  Add flour until desired consistency. Bake 300 degrees for 25 min.


 
 Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow thingys (??)

I'm not sure what these are really called I just know the kids love em.

1/4 c butter/margarine
1/2 c peanut butter
1 pkg butterscotch chips
1 bag mini coloured marshmallows

Melt butter and peanut buttter over low heat.  Stir in chips until melted.   Cool mixture then mix in marshmallows until all coated.  Line a 9x9 pan (or small rectangular pan) with wax paper and pour the mixture into it.  Refrigerate.


 Thanks for checking in.  Hopefully tomorrow I can stamp instead of bake :)

Cheers, 
K
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment