Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just a snippet of life

I can't believe it's already Wednesday!!!!  Sorry for the lack of posts the last two days but I can say I haven't really done anything to blog about.  Just the usual boring house stuff and that's it.  Not to interesting to read.

So instead I'm going to share with you something Nathan is REALLY proud of.  

On Saturday morning he woke up and was bored (nothing new).  But instead of turning on the TV or reading we started chatting and somehow we got talking about knitting and sewing.  The next thing I knew I was teaching him to knit at 9 AM!

I showed him how to cast on and the basic knit stitch.  All weekend he could be found in his bed, covers up to his elbows and knitting away.  He is planning to make this a scarf for his stuffed Monkey but he has a bit to go.

It's a pretty cool thing to see your kid doing something so completely out of the ordinary.  Andrew is starting the "fashion" part of his foods and fashion unit at school. Maybe in a month or so I'll be sharing with you his next sewing project.

To wrap up his foods unit he made supper a few times this week - Fried Rice, Hoisin Chicken, and even Ginger Beef.  Yes he had help but he was completely eager and a great chef.  I'll share pics with you another day.

Thanks for stopping by even if I didn't have any card creativity to share.  There is always tomorrow :)

Cheers, 
K



 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment