Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kids Craft Fair for Kids by Kids!

I am participating in a Kids Craft Fair (geared towards the Kid buyer) at the Lake Bonavista Community Center on Dec 7th. I thought this would be a great opportunity to have some young crafters have fun creating and raise some money in the process.  **This sale is separate from their regular craft fair and ALL proceeds raised from this event will be donated to a charity to be determined by the group.

Last June, when I organized the kids cardmaking event for Alberta Flood Fund it dawned upon me that I don't do enough of this stuff with my own kids.  We may donate to different charities throughout the year but we don't often involve the kids.  Now, Andrew and Nathan would NOT participate in a CRAFTING event (it would be like pulling teeth) but I know some kids that just love to play with paper and punches and this would be FUN!  The whole goal of organizing this event is to make it enjoyable for the kids and teach a little goodwill in the process.

Please discuss this with your child before you "volunteer" them to join. Explain the reason why they are joining and if they have any insight as to what  charity/cause they may like to donate to.  




At my weekend Kids Camp we made two other cards as well.  My goal for this year's Kids Camp is to create a funky fold card at each camp and this months' card was the Criss Cross card.


 Please contact me to join my Kids Craft Fair group!

Cheers,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment